Was your baby scared of the Easter Bunny?

I want to take my almost 11 month old to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap and everyone is advising me against it saying that the baby will be traumatized from the horror! LOL

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I never did the whole Easter Bunny thing. I started imagining how many sneezes, coughs and runny noses that bunny costume had caught and that was enough for me... lol
    Anonymous

• She wasn't at that age but when she was 1.5 she was scared to go close. She wanted to watch from a distance.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• my neice and nephew did not want to go near the easter bunny, but in their defense, that easter bunny was very creepy, just make sure you find a cute one
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 11:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I think that they are ALL kinda creepy looking in a way LOL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ^ I agree! They're all a bit creepy, especially clowns. DD is scared of Santa, we haven't tried Easter Bunny yet...
    toola

Answer by toola at 1:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• scared the crap out of my kids....

my oldest cried when she saw him as a baby, and well...I didn't push.

same with santa - ask them, if they're happy and enthusiastic I will but if they're unsure or scared I'm not going to (none of my kids have been keen on santa)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My daughter has never been afraid of the Easter Bunny or Santa. That's a surprise considering she used to be afraid of windshield wipers, the paw print hitting the screen on Blue's Clues, and a whole list of weird things. But costumed characters don't phase her at all. Go figure.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yep.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010