If it were your child's half sibling.......

If your child had a half sibling very close to the same age as them that you knew had been put up for adoption, would you be curious to see pictures of the child, or be tempted to try and find the adoptive parents online (facebook, myspace, etc) just so you could see the child?

I know, kind of a weird question...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ohhh i totallllllly would be doin that..lol..i dont think id get very far, cuz im so dumb when it comes to computers...lol..but i sure as hell would try!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I meant "see" pictures, not actually ever talk to the adoptive parents or anything. -OP
    Anonymous

• it depends on what the adopted parents want. but no i wouldn't care (i'm assuming it's your hubby's kid and not yours)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yep, I'd be really tempted but that could lead to so many more temptations.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes I have. My daughter has three siblings in adoptive homes and about 6 more on her biodads side of the family. I found his myspace and see pictures of them. His girlfriend posts them to him because he's in jail. Nice isn't it? That you can do myspace in jail?
    Anonymous

• Hey if they put enough personal identification on the web that you can find a picture than that's their problem. go for it.
    Anonymous

• I would be curious to see what my child's half-sibling looked like and how they were doing.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• OP here. I didn't know you could myspace in jail. :/ That's crazy. This is actually about my daughter's half brother. When I met her dad, he lied about a lot of things (including girl that was about 5 months pregnant by him)... He's not involved in our life but I often wonder about the little boy and i'd love to see pics of him. I think he lives in California and we live in alabama so it's not like I'd go door knocking or anything. lol Just really curious. Thanks ladies for making me not feel like a crazy person. :)
    Anonymous

• I would. Don't you think your child would want to know their sibling? Maybe not now but when older?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010