Can someone explain this to me?

My husband is military and we changed bases 6 months ago, right before having our first child, I am not usually a very social person and if i get a bad feeling about people i just dont talk to them, my husband convinced me to change that and try and make friends with some of the other wives. I tried very hard, I even over looked when I found out one of the wives was talking about me behind my back. Then we had our little one, I did not really talk to anyone because we were busy with holidays and the new baby, her metabolism is EXTREMELY high, to where our doctor told us to place her on rice cereal at 2 months, mind you her pediatrician. So, then two of the wives show up to my house the following morning calling my phone several times, waking me up, banging on my door waking up my daughter, my husbands in the military I thought something had happened to him. (continued below)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Turns out they had come to my house to tell me I was being a terrible mother for giving her rice, they then proceeded to make sure i know i cant leave my daughter in the bath tub alone, i can't prop up her bottle and go do whatever i want, I can't give her formula that has been sitting out, I can not leave her at the house alone while I go run errands... obviously I knew these things, I used to work at a daycare, and all this because I gave my daughter rice. I kept my cool and just tried to explain to them the medical choices i had with this and what effected my decision and that her doctor had suggested it, that i researched it before doing it, called other drs, etc. They kept interupting me. So after they left, I contacted each of them one at a time telling them I was insulted by what they did, was not angry just that i felt if they had such an opinion there was no reason not to listen to me, and (cntd)
    Anonymous

• no reason to gang up on me, they could have contacted me seperately, I tried to take it with a grain of salt because it was out of concern for my baby. One woman apologized and said it was my decision ultimately and if i was medically advised that she would not get involved further, the other woman (the one who had previously talked about me behind my back) ended up yelling at me for being immature and I would end up killing me daughter, decided i will NEVER talk to her again.

So weeks go by and my husband gets a tattoo of a star on his back, just a star nothing bad, the second wife, the one who said she would not get involved in our life anymore, decides this star is satanic and that my husband and i would hurt her children, that we would want to "sacrifice them to satan" because of a star on his back! she too told me i would end up killing my daughter,

Can anyone explain all this to me?
    Anonymous

• They are just a bunch of bored women with nothing else better to do. If they are going to come at you like that I would just spare myself the drama and not talk to them.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Sounds like they are wacko. Where the heck are you guys stationed at? In twilight zone? lol.
    I wish I could explain it to ya but I don't even know what to say really. I've never met people like that,or if I did, they never stuck around long enough to let me know about it.
    I would try to find a new group of friends if at all possible. Hopefully you get out of that base soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Bored housewives with nothing better to do. Just ignore them. If they harass you anymore, file harassment charges against them.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I know where you are they must be older then you when some women meet younger wives and mothers they create drama instead of being a friend they create drama in your life so it seems like they are helping stay away from them. I did it only helped me. Maybe you can start a play group with other mothers on the base who have their first child and you can grow together and support each other through firsts. Good luck momma but stay away from the crazies.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Wow....sounds like a couple of wacky nut jobs to me. Ignore them & find new ppl to make friends with.
    Anonymous

• Stay away from them, dont answer calls or them knocking on the door.. I would just completely act as they did not exist. You will only be opening different doors each time you talk to them that you might not wanted open.. :)
    Anonymous

• They are just controlling women, that's all this sounds like to me.
    You keep doing what your doctor says and since you know those things already don't let them get under your skin.
    Find new friends....
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I, myself, was offended by women I barely new who told me to feed my newborn cereal to make him sleep through the night. I don't think it's necessary that early, at least in most cases. However, I am not a doctor and have no right to argue with the recommendation of a pediatrician. It sounds like yours is a special circumstance, not desperation for a good night's sleep. Those women are 100% wrong. Once you discussed your doctor's recommendation they should've backed off. But some people are convinced they know everything. What's worse is you have two women who are convinced they know everything ganging up on you. The "satanic" star tattoo thing is pretty ridiculous. It's time to find some new friends. You SHOULD trust your instincts.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010