Anyone else have this problem? Use Nair?

When I shave my legs, ALL of my pores bleed. I had the Doctor witness this first hand, thinking maybe I am just a horrible shaver and keep cutting my legs lol. Well he confirmed, that I was NOT cutting myself, but that my pored were bleeding. So this morning, I tried Nair. Well...I followed the directions exactly....NOW MY LEGS ARE ON FIRE! I washed them off VERY WELL after removing the nair...I have no idea what is wrong. Anyone else have these issues? How am I supposed to get rid of hair on my legs?! Its almost summer time!!!

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Try waxing or smooth away. You can always look into laser hair removal too. Try shaving with cold water to shrink the pores
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yeah Nair makes me feel on fire as well. When I shave I will get ingrown hairs and I was looking for a different way not to shave. I tried Nair not a good thing. Rash, burning, redness etc..
    I have to go to laser hair removal.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• guess you're gonna have to adopt the bohemian look!
    Anonymous

• Your body absorbs the chemicals in anything you apply to your skin. If your pores bleed with a simple pass of the razor, think of what's going into your body with Nair! Yikes! Got to be so careful. The laser hair removal sounds like a good option.
    MomShap

Answer by MomShap at 1:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• UGH! I hate nair, it really burns. I tried it once and never used it again. Go to walmart and get the sally hansen wax. It's $10 and it comes with the wax, wooden stick, clothes, and a softning ointment. It works really good. Im sure you can get it anywhere.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Sounds like you had a Allergic Reaction to Nair I have the same problem so I avoid it. Sugar Waxing works well but you have to make sure your hair that you are trying to remove it long enough same with other types of Wax removal otherwise it doesn't remove the hair properly.
    Anonymous