My 8 yr old Help

Hello moms out there,
My son is 8 yrs old he used to be very shy and sweet now him being in the 2nd grade his friends at school are teaching him things i never knew they would know at this age my question is he never talked back to me before his attitude and talking back I will not tolerate I want to control it before it gets out of hand any advice

Kimmma

Asked by Kimmma at 12:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Let him know that it's not acceptable. Tell him the consequence of said behavior & follow through each & every time.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Chores, chores, chores.... If he wants to have an attitude, work it out of him. It works for us. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You need to find ways to bond with him more and talk to him so that he'll want to listen to you rather then his friends
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I use phrases like "Excuse me?!?!?" and "No, sir, we don't talk like that!" in a very stern voice to get the point across that what he's saying or how he's saying it isn't acceptable. If it continues, he loses a privilege. Just be firm and consistent and he'll get the point. For a couple of years, anyway, then it starts up again in the 'tween years.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My son has attitude sometimes maybe he learned it at school but to me it doesn't matter he controls his own behavior and no one can make him be disrespectful. When my son talks back or is rude he loses privileges. Works like a charm with him. He gets a warning if he does the behavior again he loses the privilege he rarely is disrespectful because he would hate to be stuck in a stripped down room with just his bed. My son is 7 and I think it is normal behavior they would pick up regardless of friends. My friends who home school have the same issues with their kids and they just nip it in the bud early on.  You have to find what works to with him to prevent the behavior and stick with it. 

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010