Do you still try to wear your normal size clothes when pregnant?

I just don't want to spend $30.00 on maternity clothes that are ugly. So far all I've done is use a band and that allows me to still wear my jeans and regular size tops. I was wondering what anyone else did/does to avoid ugly maternity clothes.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I find cute maternity cloths. I shope at Target, Motherhoood and Kohl's.
    Anonymous

• I actually found a place that sells really cute and inexpensive maternity clothes here. It's called Burlington coat factory. I don't know if you have one where you are but maybe you can check it out. They sell up to date and trendy looking maternity clothes. They don't look like the typical maternity clothes at all. Really cute.
    But as long as the band works for you, use it. It will save you money in the long run, not having to buy a ton of maternity clothes that you only use for a few months!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• With this current pregnancy, I was able to wear my normal clothing. I only put on weight in the belly. I'm using a belly band.
    With some of my other pregnancies I had to get maternity jeans and shorts because I gained weight in the butt, hips, thighs.

Everyone's weight gain is different. I had a friend that needed larger clothing, but simply went up 1 size in normal clothing. She never needed maternity clothes.
    Anonymous

• Haha, I got to the size of a small elephant, so NO WAY would I have fit into my old clothes... I don't know how far along you are, but if you can still fit in your regular clothes, go for it! As for non-ugly maternity clothes, I actually found some pretty decent stuff at Motherhood, and even Gap/Old Navy (online, mostly)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes! With my most recent pregnancy (Nathan is 8 months old) I wore all my regular clothes, I refused to wear and spend money on maternity clothes. My sister in law bought me some maternity shorts and I bought tights and a maternity shirt for my baby shower but I did the same thing you do. The only problem is that some of my work shirts are stretched out :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yup until my third trimester. Then I found some bargains at Ross.
    Anonymous

• I got some maternity clothes at target and (does this ever happen to you? it looked great on me when I tried it on at the store but when I started wearing it on a regular basis I looked more and more like someone wrapped me up in wall paper. Does this ever happen to you? You try something on at the store, it looks great but then you start wearing it and it looks terrible every time? lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I couldn't wait to wear Maternity clothes...I made many of my tops and bought at discount stores. I used them with all three pregnancies. I mean, if you are pregnant, you want to be proud and happy, not hide it!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• We need a Ross here. All we have here is Wal Mart. Grrr! Oh and Goodwill.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• OMGosh. I wish I ballooned so much and got so bloated that my size 3 went to size 15 jeans. I was so angry for gaining so much weight. But it was my fault for accepting all those italian sweets and food from my mil nad family.
    Anonymous