pool party ideas

For the first time, we will have a pool party. Inside at The Y....for dd's 10th. But I have no idea what to do. If I start at 1pm I think they said ya get it for 4 hours, so then it'd be ok Not to serve food? Just trying to save money as it will cost $100 to have the party, not inclusing cake. Do you think games are needed or kids will be happy with swimming or using the gym? Thank you for any ideas. (this is for next month but I wanna get invites out soon) OH! How many classmates to try and invite? In the past even at McD's and bowling only 1 shows and NO RSVPs! help

carisa

carisa

Asked by carisa at 12:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think the pool itself is enough entertainment, I wouldn't worry about games. I do think you need to have food though. Pizza and cake or at least chips, pretzels and cake. Drinks too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'd invite a lot of people as many as possible sense she doesn't have a good track of people showing up.. and i'd try and spring for some type of snacks for kids... and just make sure anyone that comes knows how to swim
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Invite as many as they will allow for the lifeguard on duty. As for food....no you don't need to feed them a meal, but it is still good to have juice boxes, and snacks that won't get soggy like apple slices, carrots, etc. And then the cake.
    Have fun!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Just thanking ya for the answers...after all that worrying I finally get a answer to my family's ?-Just because I'd pay for the party (a $100) wouldnt mean it wasnt 'open swim'! Ugh so now I am seeing what Splash Universe needs. (Of course the website isnt specific) IF anyone knows please post. We could do "10 swimmers" easy and dd would love the video games also. Me on the hand might not relax but it'll be her day....
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 12:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2010