Do you believe being a virgin until you get married?

I like the sound of it, saving yourself for the man you marry, but what if he is really bad in bed?! Do you believe the sexual compatibility is an important part in a successful marriage? I guess if you really love someone it shouldn't matter but the thought of spending the rest of your life with bad sex sounds kind of depressing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, you should wait to have sex until after you are married. I was a virgin when I got married to my husband and we've been married 20 years.

Question for you.....If you've never known anyone else, to what would you compare your experience? How would you know any different if he was lousy in bed?
    Anonymous

• touche!

Then again, when I lost my virginity, I was able to judge it as really bad and awkward! total disappoinment. It was supposed to be magical and I was like, "I coulda had a V-8!"
    Anonymous

• You wouldn't have anything to compare it too so how could it be "bad" sex. My hubby and I were virgins when we married each other and we have lots of fun making sex better and better. ;-)
    Anonymous

• 2nd anon :58 here. My hubby and I are going on 7 years of marriage.
    Anonymous

• No one is expected to be an "expert" at it the first time. If you're getting married because you love each other and desire each other, then the sex will get better, especially if you work on it together. Won't really be work, now will it?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would have loved to had saved myself for my husband. I have only been with 3 men in my whole entire life. If I would have just waited, my husband would have been my first! I think saving yourself for the man you choose to share the rest of your life with is just AMAZING! And as far as being "good" in bed shouldnt matter. What if your not "good" in bed either? Experiencing that first time love making with your husband should be magical and filled with so much love it shouldnt matter if him and you are good or not. The love that will surround you should be enough. And as time goes by, it will get better and better!
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Nope, there's no way I believe in waiting for sex till marriage. I believe sexual compatibility is important, and I also believe that sometimes, people just don't "click" in that department, and no amount of "practicing" is going to make it any better. Then again, I really don't see sex as this magical, holy thing, either. It's fun, and yes, with somebody you love, there's a little extra, but even without the undying love, it's still a whole lot of fun! I didn't wait, and I've had my fair share of partners in my life, don't regret a single one of them! Except of course for the ones who sucked, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I do believe that you should enjoy your partner sexually, yes. I like the idea of teaching each other new things, rather then one or both of you being an expert at it. It's just more romantic that way. I used to like the sound like waiting until marriage, but in reality I saved it for someone I really loved. I am to this day happy with who I saved my virginity for. He was my second boyfriend and to this day a friend of mine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Nope. because I don't believe you can truly know if you're compatible outside of the bedroom until you are intimate inside the bedroom.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ****** I was like, "I coulda had a V-8!"

ROFLOL Sorry that was the funniest thing I have read all day lol.

No I dont think you should have to wait for marriage, you can be very much in love with someone and find that you are both on different paths in life and go seperate ways but it doesnt make you regret loving them or having sex with them and not being married.

It can still be magical and amazing the first time with the man you marry even if your not a virgin. I also think that being compatible in bed does foster a healthier marriage. I have no regrets about not waiting for our wedding day.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010