How do I convince my hubby to have another baby?

I am DESPERATE to have another child. We talked about it and agreed to have another one, but when it came time to TTC, he backed out... literally AND figuratively! He went back on his word, but after about 2 months we decided to try again. AGAIN, he backed out. Now he says he isn't sure if he wants another baby or not. I told him that this it's kind of a now or never thing for me (I have to switch 3 meds and stop 2 others if I plan on TTC) b/c it's too tough on my body to go back and forth like this. I DESPERATELY want another baby. I told him that it's like me saying "You can get a $100k car", him planning on buying it, and then me going back on my word just before he signs the paperwork. Maybe a bad analogy, but I was trying to put it into a situation he would understand. Do you think there's any hope of my getting baby #3? Have any of you been thru this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My hubby went back and forth for a year about having a baby. But I understoood his concerns and worry about having another baby. Just keep talking to him. But if he is not ready he will also have a hard time preforming and getting it done. If you get what I mean. You both need to be on the same page. Or else when baby comes there will be tension.
    Anonymous

• Well, we kinda discussed having another one. I wasn't sure I wanted another one but I wasn't sure that I didn't. He said no way in hell did he want another one. I just got quiet, seeing that invisible door to the possibilty of me having another child being shut in my face with out me having any say in it. I just got quiet, I didn't know what to say. For one, I wasn't even sure if I wanted another one, but it would have been nice to talk about pros and cons and such.Anyway, this conversation happened during a month that I messed up on my b.c. pills and I threw the pack away and was waiting to be able to start the new pack.He knew this and we had been using a back up method of b.c.Well, he decided he was not going to put a condomn on anymore and he wouldnt pull out. He decided for me that that is what I wanted and I ended up pregnant. I was so many emotions, I can't even begin to explain to you.Just keep talking to him.
    Anonymous

• I don't see why he wouldn't. Moms do most of the work anyways when it comes to raising a baby. Maybe he just wants to keep you to himself and not have to share you with a baby. I had a friend with the same problem and she told her husband " I'm having a baby whether you want to or not. If I use your sperm its up to you because I can easily go to a sperm bank" It was funny. I think he was just dreading having to do the work that comes with a newborn but he seems to be glad they did because his a very loving father.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010