And now i have to let her be around my kids....

my ex husband is getting married in like a month to a twit !

we have 2 children together and they go there after school on most days and for the weekends.

First, she just has to be the one who picks them up from school ( which I plan on putting a stop to) ..and then when she drops them off, precedes to tell me about their homework and how she helped them and that are having trouble with so and so ( I am their mom, I know)

She wants to act like they are her kids and her daughter's brothers...She wants a them to go on vacations with them and since she cant come to their (family) birthday parties , she decides she will throw them a bigger one at her house.

But it was the last straw this week when I found out, all she makes them for lunch is mac & cheese, hot dogs or grilled cheese. She always has to make "fancy meals" for my my ex is home for supper, but when his kids are their for lunch...they get crap !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pick your battles! Im sure it is frustrating but be happy she is taking an active role in their lives. Atleast she helps them with homework, and spends time with them. You sound a bit jealous..it isnt a competition your kids will always love u no matter how nice her parties are. I would pick your battles, it could be worse!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You should be happy she is taking a active role and actually wanting your kids around! If you don't like what she is giving them for lunch pack them a lunch that is suitable to your tastes. You should be a little more appreciative!

Anonymous

• Jesus! I know they're your children and you might be feeling a little jealous that your husband is remarrying her, but give her a chance. Atleast she is making the effort to get along with your children and not treating them like garbage. You're complaining because she helped them with their homework and made them mac and cheese? Really? That's a waste of energy. Save the complaints for when she starts abusing them or starves them to death (which from the sounds of it she would ever do) so chill out and get off her case! Damn! She's part of the family now, accept it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You can't be for real! She cares about your kids and you are angry? Maybe they prefer hot dogs and mac and cheese for lunch, plenty of kids do. Pack then your idea of a good lunch but don't be surprised if they bring it back home. Unless you have made your kids afraid of you. Don't use them as pawns against your ex. Grow up.
    Anonymous

• I am a step mom and my daughter's mom gave me hell for the first 4-5 years that my hubby and I were together with similar concerns like yours, I am also a bio mom and I would trust that the person my son's father chooses to be with is someone that cares for the well being of my child. I respect the boundaries with my step daughter's mom, I always have but in the same token I love and take care of her like she was mine, just like i do my other kids. I drop & pick her up from school, I take her to her doctor appointments, I take her shopping, I cook for her, I take care of her when she's sick...my hubby has joint custody. I know it's hard for you as a mom and I can relate on both ends but I think you need to give her a chance, it is a good thing to have someone in your child's life that has their best interest, no one will ever replace you as their mother and your children know that.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• we have been divorced for 6 years... I am not jealous...
    Anonymous

• You sound very jealous and insecure! Wow what a horrible person she takes care of your kids after school and weekends, helps with homework tells you about it, wants to take them on vacation, feeds them, wants to give them a party, WOW what a terrible woman!
    Anonymous

• I think you are. You're angry at your husband and taking it out on his new wife. As far as I can tell she hasn't done anything to deserve your bitching.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• WHy don't you try, first, growing up. Second getting along with her and third, becoming friends with her so her relationship with your children isn't so threatenin to you. It's not like she's trying to be their mom, she's just trying to be their friend.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Sorry, but your screwed! I have BTDT and it sucks! I know it stinks to hear this, but the sooner you accept it, the easier it will be on you and the kids.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010