As a SAHM do any of you just feel like the wind has been sucked out of your sails, that you're all given out and just going through the motions? How do you cope?

I never felt this way with the 1st two, but now that I have 2 toddlers that fight like cats and dogs and a newborn to care for I feel defeated. I don't even feel enough to feel overwhelmed any more. I'm just tired and gave out. We have no family to help and my husband works a lot, so I don't really get breaks. He does give me an hour or so to myself (I have to rush back home to the BF baby) every 6 weeks. I haven't had a date with my husband in over a year.

I know it will get easier as the kids get older, but how do I get through the right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I like you never felt that way with my first but after I brought our second home, I found it hard to deal. Now she is 11 months and things are finally better. Hang in there.
    Anonymous

• I'm wondering if I didn't write this one in my sleep. With me it's a bit different though, I was married before and already spent a lifetime raising two kids. Ex dumps me and I meet the current DH and fell a$$ over tea kettle madly in love. Thing is that he came as a package set, two little ones that were 7 mos and 20 mos when I moved in. Now I'm looking at another life of raising a family. Most of the time he's worth it and I love the boys like they were my own, but I still wonder when does my time come? Will I be too old to try and live out my dreams? Although lately I've realized that I don't have any dreams left, all my hopes and plans are gone. I'm almost 48, my health isn't the greatest, what if I end up too sick to be able to do anything by the time the boys get older?
    Please feel free to send me a buddy invite.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I felt the exact same way. After I had my last kid ( 4 kids btw), I felt like I couldn't do it, anymore. But here I am I just got used to the fact that , this is what I decided I wanted to do, and now I have to deal with it. SO & I haven't went on a date since before we had kids. Relatives could care less about helping us out. We get through this together day by day. Everyday is not the same. If I can do it you can too. Hang in there, you'll see one day that you are stronger than you ever known. Things will get better and easier.
    Anonymous

• I'm like this pretty much every day. I wonder what life is like out there. Just to be able to have a drink with a friend or go to a concert seems like a long lost dream. If I cannot find something to make me happy, how can my kids be happy?
    Anonymous