alfredo recipes...

No one will eat the stuff from the jar around here how do you make your alfredo sauce?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 1:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 8 oz. cream cheese
    1/2 c. butter or margarine
    3/4 c. milk
    3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp. white pepper
    Melt the cream cheese & butter together. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese and white pepper and stir again until smooth.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• sounds good and I already have all the stuff... should I double it if I'm making it for 5 adults and 1 kid?
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You need some garlic in there and I don't know about creme cheese.. I always used heavy cream, butter, cheese, a liitle flour, pepper ,garlic, a little nutmeg..
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 1:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It makes enough for chicken alfredo for my family of 7. I don't add garlic, either, because I add it to the chicken when the chicken is cooking. This is an easy and tasty recipe.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The jarred stuff is disgusting

Fettuccine Alfredo

1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
    4 Tbs (60 ml) butter
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    1 lb (500 g) fettuccine cooked according to package directions
    3/4 cup (180 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Bring the cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan large enough to hold the cooked fettuccine. Reduce the flame to low and add the salt, and pepper. Add the cooked fettuccine and toss in the sauce. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss until the fettuccine are well coated and the sauce has thickened. Serves 4 to 6.

I throw in vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, etc.), that have been sauteed in olive oil and garlic.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010