Is getting my tubes untied the right thing to do?

I have 2 beautiful kids but I at times felt like I wanted another and adotiption is way to expencive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Adoption

• adoption can be very expensive but it isn't always expensive. It is very time consuming, a life long adoption journey, and a decision that is less about expense and more about if you are ready to parent a child who will have different and additional needs outside of your family and community. Adoptees had a family prior to yours so there are some additional and different ways of parenting a child through adoption. Ask yourself if cost were not an issue, what would you do?  Then there is your answer.  There are no guarantees you will become pregnant but would you have regrets if you didn't try?  If you would have regrets or wishful thinking you want to be pregnant then you might want to seriously consider the procedure to undo the tubal.    If wanting to be pregnant and raising a biological child isn't the prime importance then researching adoption and beginning that journey is something that might be for you.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• If you want another.. and you can afford it then why not?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't think it would be that much less expensive to get your tubes untied than to adopt. There is not a great rate of sucess on reversals either, so you could put in all that money and still end up with no baby.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• foster care
    Anonymous

• Last time I checked (about 2001) tubal reversal cost around $10,000. I am thinking the price would have went up by now and NO insurance will ever cover it.
    Anonymous

• My sister "at times" wants another, then she babysits my toddler. THEN she's fine with having just the ones she has.
    Anonymous

• Look into foster-adoption. There is little to no cost to you, much less than a reverse tubal-ligation. There are many things to consider so research it well, but it may just be the path for you!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2010