Measuring big?

I went for my 20 weeks appt yesterday and I was measured at 23.5 weeks. I'll be 20 weeks Friday.

Has this ever happened to you?
I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks so I know it's only one baby. Is there a chance baby #2 could of been hiding? Thanks for your imput ladies.
Oh and I haven't gained any weight yet...

Amanda704

Asked by Amanda704 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It really means nothing. It might be alot of fluid, it might be a big baby, it might mean diddily squat. You can't really go by that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Trust me, ultrasounds can be wrong and waaaaaay off when it comes to measurements so I wouldn't worry about it. And the measurements of weeks and days will be different each time you go, it will never be dead on. With my son at 38 weeks they said he was at least 10 pounds, he was 6 pounds 10 ounces when he was born 3 days later and wearing preemie clothes.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• omg so lucky you haven't gained yet! my friend is 19 weeks and has gained sooo much..

anyways i measured to big a couple times with my daughter.. its normal.... i think the chance of twins is very unlikely
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Babies go through growth spurts. I measured big at 30 weeks and was normal at 32 weeks.
    Anonymous

• girl, i know what u mean. Im 22 weeks, and i measured 24 yesterday..my doctor said she doesnt know how i can be having another big baby. my 2yr son was 9.2...so she thinks itll be another big baby-an that just means i get to deliever her soon too. I wouldnt worry about it too much.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Measuring big is nothing. Everyone measures up differently. I measured small with my daughter and I measured big with my boys. They all came out at a normal weight, all were 7lbs. If your eating normally and healthy then I wouldn't worry about the weight.
    Anonymous

• Once they told me I was measuring small, so I had to go in for an ultrasound. They found out she was actually big instead of small. From then on all my ultra sounds showed her as being pretty big. They were almost dead on. They guessed 9lbs 6 oz and she was 9.4. But I know alot of people who were told they were measuring big and they ended up having a normal or smaller baby.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010