my baby is sick every 2 to 3 weeks during these winter months, he has been diagnosed with ear infections, but the majority of the time they say his ear or ears are a little red, so their going to put him on antibiotics. I stay worried about him. My older child never had to take antibiotics her whole infant years. My youngest son seems like, he almost lives on them. Has anyone had my problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope sorry..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• read
    No More Amoxicillin: Preventing and Treating Ear and Respiratory Infections Without Antibiotics by Mary Ann Block

This is an alergy. My oldest son got ear infections when I ate dairy(breastfeeding) and still can not do dairy or he ends up w/ an ear infection. For my 2nd son it's nuts. And for my daughter it's wheat and dairy.

Chiropractic can also make a big difference
    Anonymous

• also w/ all the antibiotics he's been given u need to repair his gut w/ probiotics. Otherwise his immune system will be crap
    Anonymous

• Mine just FINALLY got his ear infections cleared up after 3 courses of antibiotics. I can tell you that the NP that saw him most recently told me that eardrums can be red for a lot of reasons and that being red doesn't mean it has to be treated. She said that if there are no other symptoms then she often won't even mention the redness to a parent because it's no big deal. However, if the child is having pain, fever, or there is a fluid buildup she will treat. In my son's case, when she checked his ears one of the first things she said was that it was bloody/cherry red. Add to that his 103 fever, his loss of appetite, and his obvious pain and the fluid that was present the last time & he got antibiotics. I've also read that milk can cause ear infections. Try cutting that out and see what happens.
    Anonymous

• My yougest was like that... antibiotics only temporarily worked. During sugery to get her ears tubes they did a blood draw and guess what... she's allergic to milk and eggs - hence all the easr infections and cranky attitude! Would have been nice to know all this in the first two years of her life!!! Once we changed her diet she's been healthy ever since.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 8:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2010