ANYONE GET THEIR HOUSE TREATED BY TERMINEX?

Hi, I am having an issue w/ants/spiders in the house and need to have someone come out to exterminate. Terminex is telling me it is safe because the spray is in the walls, and i am in the process of checking to see if it is actually safe by getting the chemicals they are using w/the epa, but i was wondering if anyone has had their home treated and if you had any information..Thanks! My baby is 7 1/2 mos old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I haven't had my home treated, but I used to work in a daycare with infants under 16 months old and they used Terminex there to get rid of the ants that we had. Terminex would usually come at night and we'd just keep the kids away from the area that was treated until it dried. Personally, I think that anytime you are using chemicals no matter if they are "safe" or not, I would be cautious of having your child around it. We always made sure the kids weren't crawling on the floor by the area just to make sure. Just some thoughts:)
    LongBone

Answer by LongBone at 1:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I did for a while, they did tell me they were safe. They also said to make myself feel better leave the house for 2 hours after.
    Anonymous

• We didn't use terminex, we used a local group where we live. they sprayed our baseboards and windows all through the house. They told us it was safe (for the kids) once it was dry, which took two hours. So when they came we would then leave and go out for a few hours. It was safe to be in the house with it wet. The unsafe part was if they touched it when it was wet and then put their fingers in their mouth.
    Anonymous

• my mom used terminex. the guy would come by, spray and do whatever, and then we would take the kids to the park for a couple hours, and leave the wondows open. when we came back, everything was good.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I have used Terminex and when they came I took my little one out of the house and when they were done I left my house for 5 hours and yes I did keep a few windows open just to area things out. I made the appointment for the morning and we went shpping and out to lunch and was home just in time for nap time. Call them and tell them you have a little one and you would like to have an early morning appointment. They are great we have another appointment coming up next month.
    Anonymous