Ok Christians a question for you... Please keep an open mind ( and I do welcome other religion to join just mainly asking a Christian explanation.)

So I saw this early "Let us make man(kind) in our own image" and got to thinking... If this is true is it to far fetched to say God either is both sexes, there is a female goddess that is never mentioned, or that god does make mistakes? I mean think about it if were in his image in either physical or inner feeling this would have to be true.
If physical he would either need both parts, or you need a female god as well?
If inner feelings again females have a dif. emotional make up then man! We think different and are more nurturing?
If mistakes were made then he isn't really omnipotent is he?
This would make those who wrote the bible either partial lying, neglecting portions, or making this up for there purpose?
How do you explain this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is GOD.. HE really isn't a HE or a SHE, per se. HE is the one who created male and female. He made us in his image not PHYSICALLY but emotionally, spiritually. There is only one God... the bible says so. SO no, there is no other "female" "god" or otherwise. Together, man and woman show the attributes of God in all positive ways. This is why homosexuality is a sin. God created woman to join with man, to create a whole.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• God created Adam in his image. Eve wasn't made until after God noticed how lonely Adam was.
    Anonymous

• God made Adam in his image, Eve was made as a companion for Adam. God gave them free will, they messed up by eating from the ONE tree that God specifically told them not to eat from which is why no one is perfect.

It's like a dented bread pan. Every loaf baked in that pan will come out imperfect because of the dent.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

So only man was made in his image that means only men are worthy of god according to the bible.
    Anonymous

• I have the answer. I am Catholic and this has been discussed many times and the Church has explained. God is neither, He is asexual. Since God is perfect, He is whole. We are two halves of a whole. That's why when you get married they say "the two become one." As far as calling God "Him" is concerned, up until the feminist movement, when writing, it was the rule to use he, him, his, etc when referring to a either a hypothetical person or, say, an unborn baby who's sex has not been determined. This, and only this, is the reason most people refer to God as "He." Now, it is more common to use the pronouns "one" or even the "he or she" or "him/her" to satisfy the feminist movement. You can refer to God in any of these ways. Him or Her is perfectly acceptable, because we lack a better word to describe Him. Personally I just favor calling Him "Him" because it saves time & space when writing. Hope that helps!
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 2:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• personally I believe that there is a father God and a mother Goddess who together as equals created all that is, was, or will be. I think the mother Goddess was left out altogether by the male authors of the bible who might of felt threatened by the idea of a woman that is equal to the male God lording over them and controlling their fates. though what Brookebella said about God being asexual kinda makes sense. God might also be a hermaphrodite deity with both genders

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• When your talking in regards to spiritual being that we have very little knowledge, we can only try to understand with our human brains what we may think is true.  There may be things true about that being that we can not understand.  Now with that said  I believe very much that God has male and female inner attributes.  He does not have physical attributes,  He has no need for physical attributes.  He has the power to create with His own hands why would he need physical attributes.  And He created sex for the pleasure and procreation of man.  Sex was His gift to us.  God is whole with in Himself. 

Anonymous

• Anon 38 cont....... When he created Adam he took part of Adam and created Eve. When He did that Adam was no longer whole. Adam in the beginning had inner female attributes before Eve was created. Adam was made from the dust of the earth. Eve was created from Adam's rib. And with that the the inner female attributes were taken out as well and added to Eve. Does that make any sense. Again this is my interpretation and belief.
    Anonymous

• One of the main reasons I believe in the Goddess.

If we cannot have a father without a mother, how can we have a god without a goddess?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• (I'm a Roman Catholic...and yes, we are Christians).

God doesn't have any sex..."He" is used, but God has also been described as having "motherly" attributes (I forget where, but I think it has something to do with like "as a mother gathers her young.." or something like that). For me, I always think of Him as a Him in a sense of a Father figure. I don't find it demeaning as a woman because I know that men and women each have different talents and gifts and attributes and we are to work together. (I do believe people get unjustly treated, but I don't feel demeaned when I call God a "Him" or "Father"). I do NOT believe in a God and Goddess, I just believe in God in the Holy Trinity sense and I also believe that's a MYSTERY--meaning we can't fully understand it. (I believe our brains are too small, especially since God transcends ALL understanding).
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010