So if god makes no mistakes then how do you explain...

People born with deformities? Did he do that on purpose? If so why would he do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry. It's nauseating, isn't it. All the christians insisting that we humans are to blame for god's punishment of us. Like the wife of an abusive husband whining, "It's my fault really. I shouldn't have provoked him. He wouldn't have to beat the shit out of me if I didn't do something to deserve it." Face it, people. The fault is NOT with the product. The imperfection starts with the manufacturer. If god were really perfect, we would be too.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It's man that made the mistakes, not God.
    If Adam and Eve didn't eat the forbidden fruit after God told them not to then everyone would be perfect and lovely.
    They were given free will and CHOSE to disobey. They were warned that if they did, then they would die. Not an instant death but just death in general.

So because of the mistakes of the first people, everyone is imperfect and makes mistakes and we are living with the repercussions that were made very clear to them.

At least that's how I understand it. I'm not a Christian but I've read the Bible.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yeah, I guess he does that on purpose. Though I can not tell you the reason. Back in the Bible Days they believed it was to punish the sins of the parents (grandparents, ect) A deformity could be blamed on sins up to 4 or 5 generations old.

There is a story in the bible about a man born blind that Jesus supposedly healed with mud. Everyone before that was asking "who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind"

I don't believe babies are born with defects to punish for sins of their parents, and I think most churches don’t believe that anymore either. Still doesn't answer the "why" question though.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'd like to see you tell somebody with a deformity that they are God's "mistakes." Give me a break.
    Anonymous

• god didn't make those things happen. he made everything for a purpose and some people have unhealthy blood lines etc which make some people with deformities and some people choose to use drugs etc that made their fetus that way. it's the circle of life thing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

Your taking my question to a dif. meaning. I'm not saying they were god's mistakes just what happened with their development.
    Anonymous

• So because of the mistakes of the first people, everyone is imperfect and makes mistakes and we are living with the repercussions that were made very clear to them.

This above explains the why to me. I will add, God sent his son to die for our imperfections and mistakes, even after Eve disobeyed.

God does not bring harm or grief to anyone. Man is responsible for that. Even people born with disabilites/deformities, or the bus that wrecked with the bible study children, cancer, etc. They are not God's mistakes. That is how I take it.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 2:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• True, God does not do this but allows it to happen - the devil is the evil one with evil schemes and God will allow some "bad" things to happen but then he brings good out of bad. Look at all the good being put into Haiti right now.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 2:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• If you are worried that you or your DD are being punished for something by God then don't be.
    God(as I understand Him) isn't cruel and spiteful. He is loving and caring and sometimes terrible things happen and we question why and we blame God and we try desperately to understand.
    Everything happens for a reason. The reason is not always made clear to us right away but eventually it will be.

I hope that something can be done to help your daughter.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No, God doesn't make every single human being ....WE do when the egg and sperm meet and combine. Our Genes and the environment creat a baby. Sigh.........
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010