Tilapia

I have 2 pieces of Tilapia in my freezer. Are there any recipes that might feed a family of 4 on this.

mom2twingirl797

Asked by mom2twingirl797 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• MMMMMmmmmm I looove Tilapia.
    Family of four.. I assume two adults and two children? How old are the children/how much do they eat?
    Anonymous

• I'd thaw them, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salt, bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon juice. If the pieces don't seem filling enough, add mac and cheese as a side, or baked beans, plus a green vegetable.

Answer by Bmat at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Tilapia is soooo good when cooked right....I usually do a fish fry with tilapia but there are many more recipes out there. I just dip it in an egg wash then in a flour mixture of flour and seasoning. Just whatever seasonings that you want. Then fry it! They cook fast so you have to watch them good....Rice is good with fish and broccoli too....

Thanks! Now i'm hungry! LOL
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 2:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Cut them in half and bread them. in one bowl, put about half a bottle of beer and a couple of eggs salt and pepper. In another plate put 1/2 a cup of all purpose flour and a teaspoon of baking powder. season fish with salt and pepper, drench the fish forst on the flour and shake off excess, then put it through the egg mixture and fry it.
    This is a sauce that goes over the fish, three tablespoons of lemon juice, one teaspoon of chili paste or powder, and a 10z can of mandarin oranges cut into pieces, mix this all together and por over fish. Yummy!

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• first sautee onion and tomatoes put aside. gently cook the fish adding the onion then pour a tahini and lemon juice sauce over the fish and onion let simmer 3-min ad toatoe as a garnish eat withcouscous or rice and a bakedvegy
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/category/fish-and-seafood/

soup recipes, roasting recipes, and some other things you may not have tried before. I make just about every one of these with talapia at some point.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010