MY BABYGIRL HAIR FALLING OUT AGAIN?????

IS THIS NORMAL BECAUSE MY BABY GIRL HAIR IS FALLING OFF AGAIN ON THE SAME SPOT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME IF FALLS OUT NOW SHE IS 5 1/2 MONTHS OLD AND SHE GOING BOLD AGAIN ON THE TOP AND I ONLY USE BABY SHAMPOO. WHAT CAN IT BE????

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is falling out on the TOP of her head? That is kind of weird.. have you called her doc?
    Anonymous

• YES I DID BUT THEY SAID THEY WILL CHECK HER OUT ON HER 6 MONTH APPT BUT IDK IM SCARED IT SOMETHING ELSE.
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My sisters hair all fell out twice. She was born with thick black hair. That fell out and she grew in a whole head of flaming red hair. Then that fell out and she grew in blond hair, and kept that :-) I would guess it is totally normal for a 5-6 month old to go bald "again". Most babies just lose their hair one time in the first couple of months, a few lose it again a second time a few months later. Just remind yourself "bald is beautiful!"
    Don't worry, she will ave hair eventually. Lots of kids have little or no hair until they are close to 2 yrs old.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Im happy to hear that i just worry because it only falls out on the same spot i just want it to grow.
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010