How many of you got sick (cold/flu) around the time you found out you were pregnant?

I did and it seems like a lot of people I know did too. Not sure if there's a reason for this just curious who else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i did both times i think since our immune system is low due to the baby growing.. that's all i would think..i was on NyQuil the first month of both becauseof a cold that wouldnt go away so now every time i get a cold and im not on my period i freak..lol
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• the immune system suppresses itself so it will not attack the growing fetus, as a result even if you had a strong immune system and never got sick, you will get sick during pregnancy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I didn't. My allergies were surprisingly less symptomatic than normal during my second pregnancy, and I didn't get sick at all. Very weird.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I did, and actually i got sick every two weeks for the first 5 months after that. I had actually gotten the flu sho(the one without mercury) to avoid getting sick but i think it is what made me sick all the time.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I did. I went to the doctor and I thought I had the flu... Yep I had the flu alright... One that lasts for 9 months. LOL
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I did with both pregnancy's.. this one i think was worse, i'm almost 5 weeks and still getting over what i have.. My daughter got it as well took her 2 days to get over mine has been over a week now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I did and I think I am prego now i am a week and 3 days late and I have been sick with a cold the whole time and the same thing happened to me with my son
    AidensMommy1025

Answer by AidensMommy1025 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010