I reconnected with someone from my twenties. She was a dear friend.The problem is that she is constantly e-mailing me all day long!

She is at work. But I am at home and it is affecting my housework. I like her and she is company on a lonely day. But I really don't know how to tell her I have to do things. Then If I don't go on, she will ask what is wrong. Then I tell her I was busy and then she expects me not to be so busy. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Next time she sends you an email reply to her, and at the end of your message say;

"FYI, i will beoff the computer for the rest of the day. I have way too many thingd to do, so don't be offended if i cannot reply"

I've had to do that to people. Just tell her that you will be away from the computer & that you will not be able to check your email. It works!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• One great thing about email is that a person can answer them at her leisure. Only respond when you feel like it or have time. If she comments, say that you have been away from the computer. She'll soon catch on that you only reply at certain times or only a couple times during the day.

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would seriously only get on when you have time. If you cant' respond, you can't respond. You (I'm assuming) have children, housework to do, etc. If she asks why you weren't there, just tell her "I'm sorry, I was doing this or that, I don't have time to be online all day!" Its not rude, but right to the point!
    Anonymous

• Tell her you only check your email a few times a day, because you have things to do...and then do it.
    Anonymous

• It's great that she has a job that affords her endless time on line, just tell her your job keeps you away from the computer for a lot of the day but you are glad for the correspondence and will email her back once you catch a break. Just because you are at home all day doesn't mean you have nothing to do.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010