Do you believe being gay is ...

A choice or something that just is?
Is it a sin? Please provide verses!
If it just is and is a sin then would god allow us to be born like that?
and Should they be denied love and forced to live a lie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Being gay is no more sinister than being left-handed.

pun intended =)

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I believe it is completely natural. I don't believe in sin.
    Anonymous

• i believe its natural, not a choice.i also don't believe in sin.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The only way it could be a choice is if you also believe that anyone can choose who they fall in love with. If someone believes that love just happens, I think it's hypocritical for them to also say that being gay is a choice. So I wholeheartedly believe that gays are born gay. And I don't believe it's a sin. But then, I'm not Christian.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I can't remember where it is but there IS a part in the bible that speaks against man "laying down" with man.

That being said, I in no way think that being gay is a sin or wrong.
    Love is love regardless of gender.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I think it's in Leviticus...

I know it's several in several places, I just can't remember them right now.
    I'm sure if you googled it then you'd find the exact verses.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i'm bisexual and for the longest time i tried to suppress it because i was raised catholic and they taught us it was wrong. by the time i was 16 i couldn't hide from it anymore, i was lying to myself and i wasn't happy, so i accepted it and came out...i know for a fact you're born that way because i didn't want to be attracted to women, i just was and i know that it's not a sin and what i was taught was only ignorance. God loves gay ppl, he wouldn't have created us if he didn't want us to find love too.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• also God didn't write the Bible, man did and was in no way inspired by God when they wrote it. Nothing inspired by God would be that contradictory or ignorant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• alot of what is in the Bible is meant to perpetuate the species and their followers... lots about what to eat and how to prepare it... why? because people needed to be told so they didnt die of food poisoning. i dont think a man loving another man especially in American culture is a "fun" choice... lots of implicit hardships with that "decision"...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 2:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Leviticus 18:22 states that it is a detestable thing, so it is a sin.

Romans 1:26-27
    26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Anonymous