cradle cap?

what to do to fix cradle cap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD has cradle cap and i put baby oil on it and brush it through her hair 2 times a day he it has helped alot

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• dont wash the hair daily or use mild mild soap. leave it alone really
    Anonymous

• coconut or olive oil to soften, a soft brush to buff. If your baby has hair you'll have to comb it out.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• vaseline did the trick for my son. he had it BAD! before a bath i rubbed vaseline on the areas, washed his hair and comb it afterwards. a lot of it came off. it took many attempts but after a while it was all gone
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• As other moms have said, use baby oil, coconut oil, or olive oil to get rid of it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My daughter has it, and we are currently treating it. It spread to the middle of her stomach and down most of her back and shoulders. It was AWFUL.

I wash it every day (not washing every day actually made it worse. The oils stayed on her scalp longer causing more of an issue) But i used dove sensitive soap on her body and scalp (even if they have hair, use dove sensitive soap).
    To get the flakes off of her scalp we would put baby oil (or olive oil) on her scalp before a bath, leave it on for 10 minutes, and then comb out the scalp with a soft bristle brush.
    After that you MUST clean off the oil. Leaving the oil on can cause the problem to worsen.
    Im not usually an advocate for cleaning a baby daily, but with cradle cap, it was important.

If it gets bad enough - take the baby to a ped. and ask for a steroid scream.
    We had to get one for my daughter and it cleared up in a day, and like i said it was awful
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You won't need to remove virgin coconut oil, it absorbs to heal skin and you need very very little. It is petroleum products like baby/mineral oil and vaseline that are bad.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My Doc told me to softly brush the flakes and wash her head every three days with Selsen Blue shampoo - just dont get it in the eyes!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My doc also told me to do Selsen Blue. It worked great!
    Anonymous

• I tried cradle cap care, selsen, head and shoulders, and baby oil and nothing worked. An old single father told me to leave vegetable oil on for 5 minutes and then shampoo. I did this 3x and it was gone. No joke. lol.. And i had been fighting it for months!!!!
    Anonymous