Does having a messy house make you a bad mom??

So you like your house sparkling?? I personally could care less, my laundry may go undone, dishes in the sink, toys on the living room floor. Just because I don't spend all my time cleaning doesn't make me any less of a mom than you!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If that was true...I would be considered the worst mom on earth. My house is messy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No, I don't believe so. I do believe that there are moms out there who are more concerned with their homes and belongings that their kids go uneducated, unnoticed, unloved, etc..
    Anonymous

• nope, it makes for a happy home.
    What kind of fun/happiness is your family having if you OCD clean and pick up toys all day long. I clean up the toys after bedtime, anytime from when they get up until then, you can expect to see them everywhere.
    Dishes I do once a day, maybe every other day, depends on if I have a full load for the dishwasher yet.
    Laundry piles up until laundry day.

If someone doesn't like my house keeping, they don't need to be here.

now, a trashed house is a different story of course!
    Anonymous

• No it doesnt make you a bad mom, it makes you a mom who is busy with her children :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• A messy house is one thing. But a nasty house is just nasty. I call my house, lived in.

Answer by louise2 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't keep my house sterile. It's very lived in. That's normal. Sterile is not normal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No not a bad mom at all.

Kids need time and the other stuff can wait...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• As long as its decently clean, then toys & stuff like that being out are no big deal. Now if you have overflowing trash cans, dog crap on the rug, rotting food, poopy toilets..yeah that is beyond "lived in".
    Anonymous

• Messy, no that doesn't make you a bad mom. Filthy to the point of being a health hazard, now that would not be good parenting.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Preach it! If you can't get around to it, you can't get around to it. I don't believe in neglecting the home, but why be frantic over something that is a perpetual persuit? If women aren't careful they walk the line of vanity by trying to have a perfect home. I would rather work on my family and myself as a person. I'd rather have my soul in order than my closet. If I can have both, then Praise the Lord!

I believe that there is a degree of truth in the saying, "Dull women have imaculate homes..."
    WomanOfGod7

Answer by WomanOfGod7 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2010