Does having a messy house make you a bad mom??

So you like your house sparkling?? I personally could care less, my laundry may go undone, dishes in the sink, toys on the living room floor. Just because I don't spend all my time cleaning doesn't make me any less of a mom than you!!!

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If that was true...I would be considered the worst mom on earth. My house is messy.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No, I don't believe so. I do believe that there are moms out there who are more concerned with their homes and belongings that their kids go uneducated, unnoticed, unloved, etc..

• nope, it makes for a happy home.
    What kind of fun/happiness is your family having if you OCD clean and pick up toys all day long. I clean up the toys after bedtime, anytime from when they get up until then, you can expect to see them everywhere.
    Dishes I do once a day, maybe every other day, depends on if I have a full load for the dishwasher yet.
    Laundry piles up until laundry day.

If someone doesn't like my house keeping, they don't need to be here.

now, a trashed house is a different story of course!

• No it doesnt make you a bad mom, it makes you a mom who is busy with her children :)

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• A messy house is one thing. But a nasty house is just nasty. I call my house, lived in.

Answer by louise2 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't keep my house sterile. It's very lived in. That's normal. Sterile is not normal.

Answer by Pnukey at 3:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No not a bad mom at all.

Kids need time and the other stuff can wait...

Answer by KFree907 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• As long as its decently clean, then toys & stuff like that being out are no big deal. Now if you have overflowing trash cans, dog crap on the rug, rotting food, poopy toilets..yeah that is beyond "lived in".

• Messy, no that doesn't make you a bad mom. Filthy to the point of being a health hazard, now that would not be good parenting.

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Preach it! If you can't get around to it, you can't get around to it. I don't believe in neglecting the home, but why be frantic over something that is a perpetual persuit? If women aren't careful they walk the line of vanity by trying to have a perfect home. I would rather work on my family and myself as a person. I'd rather have my soul in order than my closet. If I can have both, then Praise the Lord!

I believe that there is a degree of truth in the saying, "Dull women have imaculate homes..."

Answer by WomanOfGod7 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2010