Car Vs. SUV Help..

Hey Mamas, So DF is coming home on midtour leave soon YAY! and we are getting me a vehicle. I want to know what your thoughts are on a soon to be family of 4 in a car vs. suv? We plan to go camping alot, we travel alot, I plan to rearface to the limits of the car seats, and we are still unsure as to whether we are having another baby or not. Thanks mamas. :) Oh, and not like a huge suv, I like the equinox's.

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 3:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd go with a minivan personally. I've had a car and an SUV too. Not much difference except trunk space IMO.

mini van's have a lot more room in them, a lot more versatile
    Anonymous

• I have a SUV and a van. The van is more comfortable, especially if you not looking to go huge. Cars are tiny and not as comfy....

Good luck.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would suggest a Subaru outback, best of both worlds.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Thank you! I am not into minivans, so that's not an option, I would just laugh at myself too much. The reason for the SUV is purely for that little extra space of the "trunk"
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 3:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I used to have tiny cars (neon and Xb) and know i drive a Chevy trailblazer LXT (the extended so it has third rows). Its kinda big, but it is not that bad. After getting an SUV i do not think I would ever go back to a car.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My inlaws have a Subaru Outback and we HATE it! There is NO room in the back seat at all... The front seats are VERY uncomfortable.

I have a Ford Escape and LOVE IT! There is plenty of room in the back seats for 2 car seats (as we will soon need) and LOTS of room in the back for storage!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• We are a soon to be family of 5 and I really wanna get something with the third row. Gives the kids some space without being shoulder to shoulder. Plus some extra space for your storing. Hubby refuses to drive a van so its a happy medium.
    Anonymous

• I'd go SUV - they're much easier to camp in. we have a Jeep Grand Cherokee - can tow a trailer, and fit all three kids and a ton of stuff packed in and on. its cooler too.

I had a caravan - nice for seating etc. and the sliding door but I hated it itself. lol

just got a F150supercrew for myself - fits the 3 kids, and I can fill the box. Plus towing. but its a HUGE truck.

I did get to drive a Ford Edge while my truck was being detailed a while ago - it was nice. sporty and fun but easy with the kids.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Don't forget to check on the insurance once you decide. Lot's of times you can get a utility vehicle discount on the SUV's that you might not get on a mini van. CHECK WITH YOUR AGENT
    jaymit

Answer by jaymit at 4:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would go with a VW Passat station wagon. We have the Jetta wagon and love it. We only have one child, though, and she's a baby so we don't need tons of room in the backseat. The Passat is a bit bigger all around.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010