Spring Cleaning horror stories...

I'm interested in those of you in the midst of cleaning up your home. I'd love hear about:
gross stuff
funny stories
cleaning tips and tricks
how long it took you...

WomanOfGod7

Asked by WomanOfGod7 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well i will be having a disaster clean up this years. During the winter we had a leak in the pipes running to the furnance into the attic. So my husband fixed the leak but when he did he knocked off one of the pipes (it was not sealed) in the attic...soo...all that CO from the furnance blew into my attic and froze everything!! now it is spring and it is melting. We had to take our ceiling fan down because water started running out of it, and we are going to have to replace ALL the insulation in the attic and probably part of the roof because of water damage :(
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It took me like a whole month of cleaning Thursday-Saturday nights to do my spring cleaning this year.
    I did a lot of painting which slowed me down.
    I didn't put the paint can tops back on tightly and just put them in the garage. When I finally got around to closing the tops and putting them away, I stacked them on each other. At this point I was pretty tired & distracted. I spilled two cans of paint on my garage floor! Blah!
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2010