OK so I thought there were only ten commandments in the bible...

I have not read it in a real long time so I may be wrong.
I thought that there were only ten so why do so many add to those ten? Can some one list all the rules for me and explain? For I am very lost and trying to return to Christianity, but am now so confused. What can I do or not do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, actually, there are also the two commandments : love God and your neighbor.... Those are the two I believe are the most important (it even says so in the Bible, lol), and the ones I focus on the most. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• There are only ten commandments.

There are things in the Bible that are said to be sins and to be wrong but as far as commandments go, there are only ten.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i dont remeber them all
    i know you cant steal, murder, say the lords name in vain. google them
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• 1. You shall have no other Gods but me.
    2. You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
    3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
    4. You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
    5. Respect your father and mother.
    6. You must not kill.
    7. You must not commit adultery.
    8. You must not steal.
    9. You must not give false evidence against your neighbor.
    10. You must not be envious of your neighbor's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbor.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I know the ten I am referring more to the additional rules. I'm on a phone right now and it wont google.
    Anonymous

• there are only 2 true commandments....thou shalt always be honest and faithful and thou shalt keep thy religion to thy self....the rest are pure bullshit that some guy came up with to manipulate the weak minded
    Anonymous

• Come check us out! http://www.yaiy.org/literature/literature.html Yahweh bless

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• classy anon. 1236. Honest question & you come here to bash who believe. NICE
    Anonymous

• Exodus chapter 20
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• We are not under the "10 Commandments" See, about 61 C.E., Paul wrote the book of Hebrews, a powerful letter to Jewish Christians explaining very clearly that submitting to the Mosaic Law was of no value because Christians had a superior hope based on Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Galatians 5:1-12; Titus 1:10, 11; Hebrews 10:1-17. and that Law was no longer binding after Jesus died. (Ephesians 2:15)

That's why Jesus said that the whole Law hung upon the two commandments, to love God and to love one’s neighbor. (Mt 22:35-40) These are the Law's of Love or Kingly Laws that we are under....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010