post again (Need Advice)

I posted something last night about my dh drinking every weekend and thanks to everyone for the advice
But there were a few answers that kind of made me wonder?
Do you think its okay for your dh to drink every weekend and make u feel like you are a inch tall that has been really mean in the past when he was drunk and act like he hasnt done anything wrong
so i guess my question is
How do you feel about your hubby drinking??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• if anyone wants to read my 1st post its on pg 3
    Anonymous

• It would depend on how much it interfered with our life. If he was just having funa dn realxing it wouldnt be bad. If he is acting nasty to you and it causes him to not do his part and is affecting the family then it is a problem.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• my dh does not drink, my ex did and thats why he is my ex. He always made me feel worthless
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I was fine with it when it was a way to let loose with friends and when it didn't cause problems in our relationship or in our family.

When he started being a jerk, or being useless the next day and not being able to spend his day off with his kids because he was too hungover, then it became a problem for me.

I told him I thought it was selfish of him to spend the only day he gets with his kids being hungover on the couch and that I dislike him when he's drunk and when he's hungover.
    I told him he either had to learn to handle himself better or give it up all together until it's not a problem.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• We don't drink at all,but if he did,I'd be very pissed if he did it knowing how upset it makes me,and didn't seem to care.If he won't stop,he has a drinking problem.
    Anonymous

• I don't mind if my husband has a few drinks. He's never nasty when he drinks.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like this is a problem for him. I can see him wanting to cut loose and have afew but treating you that way and being unavailable to the kids is a problem!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I am on my fourth marriage, finally to a nice guy. Husband number 2 was an alcoholic. We were together 9 years and had 3 kids (I had one from my first marriage). He didn't drink every day and he held a good job at an oil refinery for years and years. But on his days off he would wake up drinking and drink until he passed out. If we went to his parents for a get together, as soon as we got there he would start drinking and not stop until he passed out. We would go to Christmas parties and it was the same thing. He could never just have a beer or two, it was all or nothing. 9 years together and he was only sober for 10 months. Once he started drinking again after the sober period, I couldn't take it anymore and divorced him. Best thing I ever did - for me. My current husband does not drink. He simply does not like alcohol and I absolutely love him for that. I could never be with a drinker again.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Weekend drinking seems fine to me
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 4:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Mine drinks occasionally, and I don't mind. He doesn't drink much at all, and when he does he's all lovey-dovey with me.
    Anonymous