found a lump in my breast?

I found a lump in my breast 2wks ago and it hurts. i just thought mybe i hit it on something, but it is still there and i don't remember ever hitting it. should i be worried? it is a small lump

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Health

• could be a cyst or fibro., cysts can get rock hard and feel like a hard lump. I had fibrocystic breast condition, started suddenly in my mid twenties.

Depending on a patient's family breast history plus condition shape, pain level of lump a doctor will either monitor you or get a picture of it. If you get pictures taken you should get a mammog. and also separately an ultrasound which it - the ultrasound - determines if the lump is cyst/fluid or hard lump. Again as I mentioned, I have had cysts that were set to be biopsied believing them to be lumps and they were subsequently found to be fluid filled sacks filled full making them rock hard to the touch.

But only a doctor can say from looking at mammog. and ultrasounds what a mass is in the breast. Just go and get an exam. It is best found early. You should be able to get a second opinion or a referall to a breast surgeon. Johns Hopkins Breast Ctr mite do pix consults.
    Anonymous

• If you are concerned about it then I would go see your doctor.
    The last thing you want to do is ignore it if it turns out to be something serious.

Not to try and scare you but it does happen and it would be better to find out early on rather than to wait until it's too late.

It could be nothing. Wouldn't it feel better to have piece of mind though?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010