Was Jesus a virgin when he died?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. He was married, and even had a daughter. Her name was Sarah. The Catholic Church has even made her a saint! She is the Patron Saint of the Roma (Gypsy) people.

When the Nag Hamandi Scrolls were found, there was among them, one written by Mary. It is called the Gospel of Mary and does touch on their having a relationship. However it was actually the other followers of Jesus that wrote about their daughter and their marriage. (http://reluctant-messenger.com/gospel-magdalene.htm)

Jesus was a Jewish man in his 30s. For him not to have been married would have been seen as odd and would have made him an outcast in those days. If Jesus was to do his ministry he needed not to be seen as a freak - so marriage would have been the assumed thing to do.

You should also check out this article... it's full of great information and a place for you to start some research of your own...
    http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/659

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes, as far as I know he was.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• theres no way of knowing for sure....but he wasn't supposed to be involved with women...he only came to preach so i'd say yes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• That can be debated. I don't remember reading any thing directly about that in the bible Though I guess he might not have been I have heard several say he took Mary of Mandolin as a bride.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• that was only a novel that he married Mary Magdalene...the davinci code, dan brown meant nothing by it...it was only a novel which means fiction...thats why i don't understand why christians hate that book...it wasn't meant to be taken seriously
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It doesnt really matter to me but since he was the only one without sin I would say he was...unless he was married then I guess he wasnt.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It doesn't matter because we only obsess about female virginity.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

Not true it can be found in other books unrelated to the Di vinci code. It has also been said on both religious debate channel and the history channel. So yes it is possible.

It doesn't matter because we only obsess about female virginity.

So true and it makes no sense.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• There are numerous references to Mary of Magdale being his partner in every way... Completely outside of the Da Vinci Code. They have just been covered up in what we now refer to as the Bible, because women weren't supposed to play any kind of crucial role...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes, I believe he was a virgin.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010