missing my grandaughter

my granddaughter live far away from me appx 4 hours on the plane due to separation on the parents she is 4 years old i missed her but cant go to see her for now it been appx 3 years since thanks God she knows who i am .we talk once a week
right now she doesn;t want to talk i want to know what can i say to get her intersted in talking she is going to be 5 this year, please help this is all i have i dont want to loose this only contact
thanks grandma faith

Faith1099

Asked by Faith1099 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can you email with dgd? or skype, that's free as is email? Also in email scan pictures of you and your home to keep yourself in her memory. More grandmas should be like you, missing grandkids.
    Anonymous

• Skype would be good. Send her a present and have her open it on skype. Or read her a story or sing songs over the phone/skype.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• OH ANOTHER IDEA IS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS WHERE SHE CAN HEAR YOU READ THE STORY ....IT WILL REMIND HER OF YOU! http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/GoldCrownStores/GCS_GIFTS_RECORDABLEBOOK|stores

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• What about becoming her pen pal? Little kids love to get mail. I realize with her age she probably is just beginning to learn to write. You didn't mention which parent she was with. Would they help her write you back? I know when I was little My Aunt who lived in Florida ( I was in NY ) was my pen pal.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 11:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010