what class would my 2 yr old like???

my son is two yrs old and i would like to put him in a program or class like sports and like a preschool, not daycare! do any of you moms have your toddlers in class or programs and if so what are they in and at what age yo had them in?
thanks mom's
Ashley =)

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything where he both socializes and participates in group activities is probably fine. At 2, the preschool/daycare distinction is really not significant. A good program will have both classroom and physical activities.
    Anonymous

• My 2 y/o does "gymnastics". It is really like a tumblers group. She loves it! They start at 18 months. When she turns 3 we are doing itty bitty soccer and itty bitty basketball.

I don't know of any "classes" you can send a 2 y/o to, but they do have a lot of mommy and me groups ALL OVER, I bet you could find one.

And, I just wanted to point out, there is nothing wrong with day care :-)
    Anonymous

• I had my son in a toddler dance class when he was 2. He loved it!
    It wasn't any specific type of dance, just a fun class where they did different things and danced around to music. He had a blast.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• a gymnastics class would be great - help with coordination and balance and movement.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I tried getting dd in gymnastics about 10 mos ago, they're still full. When dd turns 3 we're putting her in ballet (that's what she wants anyways) and dh wants to get her into jui jitsu around that same time. We've been taking her to playgroups as often as possible. It's 2 hours and available almost everyday on base.... otherwise I don't know anything they can get into besides swimming lessons.
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old loves gymnastics.

FYI - Bashing daycare is not cool, and not necessary in the context of your question. Many daycares have a preschool curriculum and employ qualified teachers.   

Anonymous

• anonymous 5:09
    FOR YOU INFORMATION __ i have my reasons of why i dont want my son in a daycare. if i put my son in any programs it will have to me one where i will be with him at all times... Thank you very much!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i dont know why that posted anonymous
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2010