Will it be done in time?

3.5 pound pork loin in the crock pot on high all but thawed. I cut it in half length wise. Will it be done by 630-ish it was in at 3:30. Oh I also put apples and onion slices and 1.5 cups boiling water in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Slice it up and bake it in the oven with the apples and onions, covered. Try 350 for an hour and see if any pink remains when cut into or use a meat thermometer.

Answer by Bmat at 4:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You put it in at 3:30 pm? No it will not be ready. I crock pot my roasts all day.

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• to me it would be overdone.... 1hour in a real oven is good enough.

but I can't stand crock pot boiled meat.
    Anonymous

• I dunno. I have put mine in whole at 1 and had it ready at 6. Cutting it in half should help it. Maybe.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Did you put it in on high or low? On low it will need AT LEAST 8 hours. On high, at least 4.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 4:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• OPSo shoudl I move it to the oven? With the apples or leave them in the pot? What temp?
    Anonymous

• It won't be done. Not quite thawed and only 3 hours, plus apples and onions.... Use a thermometer to make sure if you want to see if it is. Don't open the lid before that, since opening the lid would cool it down. I'd just not expect it to be done by then, though. By the way pork, apples, onions- it sounds delicious.

Answer by Bmat at 4:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You wouldn't need to slice it to bake it in the oven, now that I think about it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• OP: It've done it beofre whole on low all day adding the apples and stuf 3 hours before. That's why I cut it in half to help it.
    Anonymous

• Maybe I'll let ot start in the pot and move it to the oven in a hour or so. What do you thing?
    Anonymous