I have no washer,,,,, what would you do?

I have a baby that has the poops.... my washer broke on me last weekend and now I have no way to wash anything, what should i do? I am going to the LaundryMatt tonight bu in the mean time what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the clothes have a lot of poop on them, rinse them in the toilet a few times. Getting something to hold the clothing to the side and flushing a few times should work pretty quick.. then you can use a sink and you won't have to worry about filling it with poo. You can use some of your laundry detergent or you can even use some dish washing soap on them now, spray the spots with laundry spot cleaner and sack 'em until you can get to a laundry mat.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 5:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Uhm....idk...maybe wash the clothes by hand?
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 4:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Do you have a neighbor or a friend that can help you out by doing a load or two ??
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• soak the stuff in water with detergent and baking soda after you rinse it out
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Try washing the clothes in the kitchen sink. That way you can have most of it off before going to the laundromat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Wear rubber or winter (if no rubber) gloves or mittens and w/paper towels scoop as much out of clothes, cloth diapers of poo as you can, then rinse clothes on shower floor to help remove rest and poor bleach down drain of shower when done WITH SHOWER WATER RUNNING. Squeeze water out and bag for laundramat.

Then at laundramat use bleach and hottest water to clean clothes.

oh SIGH I sympathize with you. I bet that's happened to most of us.
    Anonymous

• If there is alot of poop rinse it in the toliet (a clean one that has been flushed), I know i know sounds gross and i hate doing it but my MIL taught me the trick and it works for a quick fix then keep a small container, sink, or bucket with water and laundry detergent put the clothes in there to pre soak till you can get them to the laundry mat. Handwashing isnt really that hard if you wanted to go ahead and do that instead of waiting. Just fill sink with water add detergent and run the clothing together and use your finger to rub the bad spots, rinse and wash again then rinse and line dry.
    Anonymous

• Just rinse them out. If my daughter has a really bad diaper that leaks out of the sides, I always rinse them before I throw them in the wash. Do not worry about the poop. If you ever changed a dirty diaper for the first time. then I am sure you got some poop on you at some time in the game. It happens!
    Anonymous

• Fill your tub with water, put the clothes in there, add your soap while the water runs and let them soak, then come back when water cools and scrub them by hand. I have had to do it. In fact, I wash uniforms in my sink..I refuse to run a washer for one or two things.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 7:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2010