shaving my hair off

for saint baldrick so ive really been thinking about doing this next year... for those of you who dont know you shave your head bald and you get donations for money for cancer patients. im not sure if they will use my hair for a wig but it doesnt matter. but i was wondering how long do you think it will take for my hair to grow back to at least shoulder length?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 4:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• several years
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Hair grows an average of 3-7 inches a year so..maybe 2 years?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• For locks of love they pull it into a pony tail and it has to be 12 inches after that. Also it can not be colored, permed, or processed in anyway. I don't know if the rules are the same, but if they are using it for wigs I would imagine it would be.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Depends on how fast your hair grows. I had my hair cut super short right before giving birth, and now (19 months later), it's just about shoulder length. And my hair grows pretty fast.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• lol sorry I misread the question!
    I don't know how long.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Hair grows an average of 1/2 inch per month. A spike cut is about an inch long. Shoulder length is about 6 inches long. It will take about a year to grow out to shoulder length.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I shaved my head when I was 18. Without cutting it again when it started to grow back, it took a couple of years to reach my shoulders, and it looked like a mullet for a little while when it was growing back.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I had my head shaved when I was 13 and I was 15 when it was finally shoulder length so most likely 2 yrs
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 12:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010