Should the video of the killer whale drowning the trainer be made public?

People are saying it should be in order for the public to be aware of how dangerous wild animals can be and I say...

We know how dangerous it is, why do we need to see a video of some poor woman getting killed for it? Why can't we just learn from this situation without forcing her family to relive the tragedy? I think it's selfish of the public to suggest we all be allowed to see it. You can learn the dangers of such a situation without seeing someone being killed over it.

What are your opinions on this?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I really don't see the point in showing it... Other than satisfying the blood lust of some sick people out there. We KNOW she drowned, we KNOW how it happened, why on earth do we need to see it?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No, but there is the right to know laws. So, not much we can do about it. I think that ultimately it should be left up to the family and if they say its a no go then the public and the news outlets should honor that. There is nothing worse than a grieving family to turn on the TV to see their loved one die over and over again on TV.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• no i think its tragic on what happen and the media is just trying to make it a joke and make money on it. If i was that family i wouldnt want to see it every freaking time i turn on the tv
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No--the family has already suffered enough.
    DrTeacher

Answer by DrTeacher at 4:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No. It's unnecessary, and should be left up to the family. It should be their right to decide whether to release it/sell it.

They should also have the right, however, to live without the fear that they're going to turn on the tube and see their loved one die.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Well, the Luge crash video was made public. How is that any different? That family didn't get a choice.

I don't think it should be public. I don't' really care how she died. She was swimming with a KILLER whale. She had to know something could've happened. It's basically her fault and I don't need a video to prove that.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 4:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• And for the love of all that is holy - how STUPID are people that they need to SEE someone DIE from an animal attack to know that wild animals are dangerous?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No. Steve Erwin video was not ever made public when he was killed by a sting ray and neither should this one.
    Anonymous

• NO!!! It would serve no purpose at all. I would never watch that. How horrible. That would givelittle kids nightmares. Maybe me too and I'm a senior citizen. No. just NO.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• What purpose would it serve to show the public? If it were my dd I wouldn't want it released and I don't want to see it. What next? Coliseum games to watch the lions kill the Christians?
    Anonymous