If God values free will, why would He step into someone's situation and alter it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As far as I know he never has interfered in anything--how could he? He's nothing but an invisible brick wall. But I think weak-minded people can be easily convinced that he HAS. If we believe EVERYBODY who simply makes the claim of interaction with god we probably wouldn't need mental health facilities.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Personally, I do not believe he does. I think belief, prayer, rituals, etc. give people the personal strength that they were previously "lacking" to take on the task at hand.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• NO SUCH THING AS GOD
    Anonymous

• I believe He only steps in when we ask Him too. ..
    Anonymous

• He can alter anything He wants - that has nothing to do with free will. Free will is being able to make the choices you want to make, you are still in control of those decisions, He can intervine on those decisions as He chooses but you still have the power to make them.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• HA! WHERE THE HELL WAS HE WHEN I MOLESTED WHEN I WAS A YOUNG GIRL BY TWO DIFFERENT MEN AND I BEGGED HIM TO HELP ME OR WHERE WAS HE WHEN I WAS RAPPED AT 14 AND AGAIN I BEGGED HIM TO SEND SOMEONE TO SAVE ME. THERE IS NO GOD! HE ISNT JUST MADE UP THERE IS NO PROOF HE AHS EVER EXSITED AND SAME GOES FOR JESUS ALL THEY HAVE IS SOME FICTIONAL BOOKS
    Anonymous

• If he makes all it can be logical he gives us situations to test us. Not to hurt us, but make us stronger. Think backk at the mistakes or bad sit. you were in in life. Did you not bring some thing out of those? Did you not learn a valuable lesson? Did they not form the person you are today?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• anonymous - Im sorry for what u had to go through there are alot of people in th world who go through really bad things but if there is a God he cant help everybody when they ask him too, it just dont work like that...it also seems like your taking your frustration out on him, if u really dont believe in him why are you talking about him that way? I dont really believe but I still pray everynight just to give myself hope that the ones I love who have passed away are happy and safe wherever they may be.
    Anonymous

• Why doesn't work that way....you have one person saying he can do whatever he wants, free will has nothing to do with it and you saying that he can't. If he is almighty why can't he manage to multi-task?
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i agree, i dont believe in him either due to a lot of the same things as anon. I never believed becasue so many inncocent people suffer while the guilty continue to live and get away with many things. If there is a god o mighty and he's so powerful why cant he multi-task and help several people
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010