What is a good home business to start now that you could make money with?

I was thinking maybe something in direct sales; something where you don't have to just have parties but can sell other ways also. With a low start up cost and low minimum orders, and maybe a free website. I'm open to about anything as long as I can make more money then I have to put into it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work from home, and I LOVE what I do. I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 ½ year old and 1 year old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i work with beachbody and i started making money the day after i joined..i didnt realize how many people love their products!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• FYI the first replier is with Melaleuca, I don't know why they can't just say "Hey I spend $75 a month on products and make $10 of it back, want to do the same?" lol

But keep in mind that with any direct selling business you still have to put a lot of work into it without any guarantees of making a dime. Avon is pretty easy to sell in that there are affordable things and a variety of items without having to do parties, but there are so many reps and some buyers only put in small orders you make very little if anything after you buy brochures every 2 weeks. Just research the companies out there, pick one that sells something you love and give it a try. If you work hard at it and are consistant with talking to people and looking for the sale you can make money! But you have to treat it like a business and really put in the effort and money to advertise!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I am an independent rep with Mia Bella Candles. I definitely make more than I have to put in but like the previous poster stated you will have to work your business if you want to make money. We have a wide range of ways to get started with the least expensive being $49.95. We don't have any sales quotas to meet and you can retail your products any way you like, no parties if you don't want to do them. Check out my website and if it is something you are interested please let me know. www.HomeAtMiaBella.com

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.

Kari
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is how I make good money from home. I LOVE IT!!! Let me know if I can help with questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't consider this a home BUSINESS... but it is easy and pays: http://clairebeautiful.blogspot.com/
    clairewait

Answer by clairewait at 7:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I work with Isagenix - their compensation plan is generous and the work is no pressure - if you work hard you can do well. I know several people making thousands each month. I make much less but put less into it. . . . .I am happy to share more info with anyone interested - just message me.

One thing I should add - I sell this because I love the products. I used the products before selling it. When I started using their products I had no intention of selling. But after a few weeks when I noticed the changes in how I looked and felt I just had to start telling people about it. So - whatever you choose - make sure it is something you where you can "be a product of the product" if you know what I mean.

BTW - Isagenix is a nutritional cleansing company. Their focus is eliminating toxins from the body and one of the awesome side effect is rapid, healthy weight loss. :) Message me for more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 7:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I agree with you mom2jack, another misleading company is Ameriplan. Drives me up the wall!

If you are looking for good money recommend FDI home of Kylee to get more info click here.

If you need something free, you can do data collection,its free and you get paid to put in license plate numbers you jot down while out in about into a database. Click here to find out more.

Anonymous

• I am a Prepaid Legal Associate - This is a BBB A+ rated company publicly trades on the NYSE and FORBES just named us #66 of the top 200 small businesses to work for in the US.

No parties, no inventory to track, no minimum required sales.You work how much or how little you want. Some people make a few hundred a month and some make a few thousand. There are some that make over $100,000 a year. Just depends on how much you want to work it.

I tripled my startup fee in my first 2 weeks and was able to quit my part time job within a month of signing up. You can watch and introductory video and message me if you're interested in finding out more.

www.prepaidlegal.com/go/maryejacobs

The team I'm on was just named the number 1 team in the company! Great support group and lots of tips and training to help you out.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 2:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2010