OK so we all know how children are conceived I hope we do any way...

So knowing the scientific side to this that has been proven... How can you say mary was a virgin?
Does it not make more sense that either she was un faithful or god had sex with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You do realize that back in the day "virgin" also meant young girl. Which she probably was. But yeah I never really understood that whole story. If he could make Adam from the dust then why not Jesus?? It'd be more of a miracle to have a full grown man pop into existence. Even if it were a sexual act, it wasn't consensual so it would be rape. I don't recall anyone asking Mary if it was ok for her to get knocked up. It seems like it was forced upon her. ANYWAY I think the word virgin in this story simply means young girl.

Anonymous

• I never understood how Joseph could fall for that "an angel appeared and God somehow knocked me up" story...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• These are the questions that got me in trouble with the nuns in school lol, I am interested to see the answers you get.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• LOL...The "Spirit" "came" upon her.....and she was with child.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The "Spirit" "came" upon her.....and she was with child.

So he jerked off on her or in her. Meaning sexual act right!
    Anonymous

• That's why it's called the IMACULATE conception. Because God placed the baby in her womb. If she got pregnant just like everyone else it wouldn't be so special
    Anonymous

• rolling on floor Omg Bradenismyson, That is the BEST answer of the day lol.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I always figured he was Joseph's kid with God's spirit in him.They had kids before him.
    Anonymous

• Haha..thanks. I believe it was a sex act so to speak. It just wasn't a man, man and wasn't the same..so, that is how it was supposed to be special. And because the Angel informed her it was going to happen and that it waould be Jesus the Messiah.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I figured the "immaculate" part was she was "forgiven" for the sin of the sex act in itself.
    Anonymous