Are you happy with the new health care bill and if you are why? will it help your family like it will mine?

I lost my health insurance in jan of this year cause the hubby got laid off due to no work cant afford cobra and I have numerous health problems.It would have been great if the bill was already in place.Just wonderin if anyone else thinks it would help there familys-if you have something negative to say keep it to yourself!

Mrs.Sparkle

Asked by Mrs.Sparkle at 5:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I'm not too sure how it will help me, since I get employer coverage, but I do say that I think this is a very positive step for our society. Health insurance and the right to be healthy should be for everyone. It is only the least compassionate out there who think that health insurance/ healthcare is some kind of right that must be 'earned.' All human beings deserve their health and the ability to live a good life. I will pay out of my own pocket to make that a reality.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I truly have no idea how it will affect me. I'm on Medicare. My adult children (and their families) have no insurance so we're all curious to see what happens.
    Anonymous

• Just curious - how will this help your family?
    Anonymous

• I have great health insurance but my SIL and mom have pre existing condition (Cancer) and it will be a blessing to them. SO I am very happy this bill passed.
    Anonymous

• Pre-existing conditions will be covered for children only currently, after 4 years, this will apply to adults...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It has absolutely no effect on me or my family, but regardless, I'm glad it passed, because it will help a lot of OTHER families. Yup, I'm selfless like that. Must be the socialist in me, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes I know that but Cancer (in remission) requires lifetime evals. So this law WILL benefit and therefore it's a BLESSING!
    Anonymous

• Yup, I'm selfless like that. Must be the socialist in me, heh.

LOL I HEART you Anounck!
    Anonymous

• i dont think its gonna effect us any...it is what it is...and life goes on.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'll see what happens. But I am happy it finally got passed. I am all for everyone receiving some sort of health insurance.
    Anonymous