why do people give me no credit for intelligence...just venting

I ran out of brake fluid while driving today which means i need my brakes bled to restore the pressure. I know how to do this myself but i don't have the tools. My boyfriends friend knows how to work on cars and he's wasting time asking me all these questions. It's frustrating, i know what's going on with my car. It ran out of fluid, the pressure needs to be release, then add more fluid and pump the break til it's normal but no one is listening. They're trying to "figure it out" i hate it. i feel like they don't listen to me cause i'm female so i obviously know nothing about cars. oh and i can't go to a shop cause i'm broke.

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• because men think women are stupid when it comes to everything besides, kids and household things. My hubby was shocked i knew so much about cars and how to work on them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• If you do it, they feel less manly. I wouldn't let it bother you.
    Anonymous

• i know....i have the mechanical knowledge to do almost anything on my car...i just don't have the tools because i'm not rich
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• it also hurts the mans ego when women know as much as they do or more then they do when it comes to "manly" things
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Hey hun, as long as you know how smart and capable you really are who cares what a bunch of macho men think?

Answer by older at 5:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I had to pay an A/C man $150.00 for nothing because he, nor, my dad would believe me and my diagnosis. I told them that the screw came out of the squirrel cage. My dad didn't look at it, he didn't believe me. He called the A/C man that added freon and capped off some part on the outside...telling me that it came on and made no sound. Yeah right. I finally got my dad to come in and listen...he brought his tools and managed to put the screw back in the cage...I was right all along.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• cause it's my car and time is being wasted with this bullshit instead of just listening to me and doing what i tell them to do
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I hear ya. People tend to think that only those creatures with a pen*s know about cars!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• wow i just asked my boyfriend to tell him to listen to me and he told me to "stop, calm down, he's been working on cars his whole life"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• So frustrating. They are not giving you any credit.

I fix things at my house all the time. Men are never really impressed unless THEY DID IT THEMSELVES and we gotta throw a party for them or something!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010