info on the new free healthcare thing

ok so I have not had tv of any kind for like 6 months now and I am having trouble finding anything online that explains exactly what this bill is and will be doing. I know that there is a lot of controversy...Can anyone explain it to me? Non biased explanations would be best please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Try going to the AMA website for information on it. It's complicated and will be phased in slowly. There will be credits to people to help them afford to buy insurance, I believe on a sliding scale based on income level, and insurance companies will not be allowed to drop you if you become ill, or refuse to insure you if you already have a medical condition. If you choose not to purchase health insurance you will be subject to a fine...I think under $100 but going up as the plan is phased in. If you have insurance now (that you like and can afford), I believe you can keep your plan.
    I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong on any of those points.
    Anonymous

• Well, for starters it's not free.
    Anonymous

• OP- Ok I already admitted in my question that I am totally ignorant on the subject-and don't want to be, if you arn't going to explain it then don't post
    Anonymous

• I wrote a journal highlighting the most important facts: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1585417/Yes_another_health_care_journal
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry, but there is MORE than enough information on the INTERNET--you don;t need a TV to learn about the health care bill. It's really too complicated to explain in detail in less than a 1000 characters. You really need to do your own research, THEN if you have a SPECIFIC question, come back here and ask--or just "lurk" and read the 1000 or so posts on the subject!

Oh, and you'll have AT LEAST another 4 YEARS to learn everything about the bill---that's when it's slated to start--assuming it's not completely rescinded by then. (crosses fingers) :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Here is a link to the actual bill that was voted on on Sunday. It is the whole enchilada. You can create your own account and read it as you have time, if you want, as well as keep up with all the other bills they are working on. Grab a cold one, and happy reading!

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3590/text
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2010