Baby delivery worries

I guess everyone probably goes through this, but i'm absoletly scared of delivery. I plan to go as naturaly as i can (though i'm not adverse to an epidural). A part of me feels like a little girl still, and i don't realize i'm about to give birth. I have always wanted to be a mom, don't get me wrong. When I realize i'm a women now and i'm going to give birth very soon (i'm 33 weeks along) I get scared out of my mind. I excersise, and i'm not starting on peliv exercises..which i didn't know about till the other day. (wow, i feel smart..not.).
I guess i just need a little "it's ok to feel nervous" if not, that ok, i just needed to get my worries out, I know my DH is tired of hearing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was the same way. I mean worry consumed me for 9 months straight. I also planned to go natural and everyone gave me that look like you cant do it, you will get the epidural and scared me even worse. I was also scared to have a baby and have all the responsibilites to take care of anorther human being. Labor and delivery really doesnt last that long and when its over its over It's such a small part of everything.I promise you no matter how you end up giving birth natrual cesection it's so true what they say you will forget all about the pain and your gonna be the happiest woman on the planet earth. You are gonna be so in love with your LO. You will be fine! Congrats to you mama! GL with your delievery:)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• oh, and this is my first one, i've never done it before, so i worry that I don't know everything, even though i've read like two books on delivery and even talked to my doctor and nurse about it.
    Anonymous

• I just had my first baby 2 weeks ago and before I had him I was scared to death of labor and delivery. I thought for sure that since my mom had a 36 hour labor and pushed for hours and hours that I would for sure have the same thing happen. WELL when I was 38 weeks, my water broke at home and after no contractions after 6 hours they started me on pitocin to get things going. I was already 3cm dilated at that point. after the pitocin kicked in (hour and a half later) I was 5 cm. half hour later I was fully dilated and ready to push. PUshed for 20 minutes and had my baby. It was sooooo easy compared to what I thought it was going to be. I would actually do it again if it would mean I could skip the pain of breastfeeding lol All I can say is don't stress about it cause you never know, you could have an easy labor and delivery. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 5:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and I still feel nervous about giving birth. I think it's something everyone goes through until they actually do it (or do it again in my case. LOL!). Send me a message if you want to talk. It's always nice to have someone you can talk to other than your husband. I know I can drive mine crazy! Haha.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• What you are feeling is perfectly normal and when you get to the delivery room, you will know what to do. It will be alright. When I got there, I was worried that I'd forget everything that I'd learned...I did but it didn't matter cause my body was teaching me what to do and when to do it. Also, if you get great nurses, they will help you immensely. don't be afraid to ask questions before, during, and after...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Trust your body. It knows what to do. If you plan on natural, research all the ways to relax & deal with the contractions & different ways to push.
    Anonymous

• congrats! birth is awesome =) i suggest reading ina may's guide or birthing from within. they'll help w/ your confidence. :)
    Anonymous