Do you care about food in our schools?

Do you care about food in our schools?
Did you watch Jamies Food Revolution? What do you think about it?
Please go this site & sign a petition!!!
http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution/petition

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Even though my son is too young for school, I most definitely care! The childhood obesity rate in this country (along with all the health risks associated with that) is out of control, and I think whatever we can do to help lower that is a GOOD thing! I didn't watch Jamie's Food Revolution, but I read about it, and I think the man has great points....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It all looks gross to me. I make my kids lunch everyday. You cant expect them to provide a good quality meal on the budget they are given.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• forevermom.... this is what Jamie is here to prove... YOU CAN provide kids a healthier lunch with the same money as all the junk. IT CAN BE DONE!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• School lunches are the lowest quality the government can buy. I make my kids' lunches everyday.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I am the one & only cook at our church's school. I have never done this before, this is my first year. it has been a learning experience. We are required to offer all the food groups & to give each child at least 3 of them, if they eat them or not is not my problem. I find mostly that the kids do not like much of anything but the junk, & that is learned at home. everyday they are given fruit, vegetable, bread, protein & milk. But because our school is so small I can not always offer them more than1of each catagory. Wed. we had grilled cheese made with 3-4 slices of cheese for protein, pineapple, chili, crackers, celery, brocolli, & PB&J sandwiches. most all the kids, younger ones mostly told me how much they hate chili, I gave it to them anyway. all I can do is offer it to them, they have the right to throw it away.&I very seldom offer dessert. and it is very expensive to feed kids. I try to watch for fresh fruit 2 go on sale
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 9:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• depends on your kids school. My kids don't complain..neither do I!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2010