A school bans hugging?

OH but fights and bullying are okay. That makes perfect sense. What is this country coming to?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/03/24/dnt.ban.hugging.kptv?iref=allsearch
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would think that if there were any valid reason it would be due to sexual harassment liability. We are a litigious nation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Fights and bullying are not ok. PDA is discouraged on many campuses--at middle school levels, many of these "hugs" are done to pass drugs. I teach at a middle school where this is a rule too. Many boys will "hug" girls just to cop a feel--it isn't something innocent and only having a 1/2 way rule makes about as much sense as having none at all.
    Anonymous

• My HS had a no PDA policy. No hugging no kissing. Also no facial hair or earrings on boys, hair was to be shorter than collar length for boys. For girls no short skirts, no cleavage. I don't see a problem with it. Kids are there to learn not to HUG.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure whoever is inforcing that will be selective. I'm sure a full-body contact hug between a couple would get busted, whereas a one-armed side hug between buddies would most likely be overlooked.

I guess I can see it. But really, they need to get a handle on the under-bleacher sex and the constant fist fights before they add more "banned" actions.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Fights and bullying is not ok nor is hugging they are still kids, girls and boys shouldn't be hugging in the first place and if they do want to hug then they need to do it on there own time no at school.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Hugging can interrupt the day. Students get so wrapped up in making sure everyone gets a hug that they are late for class. That is all it is. We don't let our kids hug. It just takes too much time to hug everyone walking down the hallway.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• that's sad.. there goes being relational and turning our kids into intellectual robots. I think hugging friends is fine but kissing is off-limits. Next we will become like some other country who don't hug ... I hesitate to say which since its been a while since I remember but it is one of the Asian countries. A frame hugs are ok to me, side hugs too but full body ones need to be supervised thats more for girl/boy friend relationships.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• . Kids are there to learn not to HUG.

unless the subject turns to homeschooling, then school is for socialization. eye rolling

if your school had taught you how to use a comma, your sentence wouldn't look like you're saying they are there to learn NOT to hug.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The middle school I worked at had a no hugging policy between students and teachers. Kids were allowed to hug each other, but not make out.
    Anonymous