do i have the right to be disappointed and mad

do i have the right to be disappointed and mad?

my husband's parents has never done anything for mylil girl, nothing for my baby shower nothing at all and my family the only one that sends my lil girl is my mom and calls to talk to her and comes to see her.my dad got killed 2 weeks before i find out i was pregnant so my dad's side i havent talk to alot cuz of some problems we are a military family we dont have the money for all of us to fly home.. so my daughter has only seen my mom... my lil girl just turn one now they didnt send her no b-day card or anything...... they are coming out in may to see us but more to see my huband and i over heard them talking to my huband in the car and they said she is so good a in the car if she starts to cry we will put her ass in the car to shut her up when im there....... it piss me off

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• First question, how did your husband respond to this comment? if he blew it off, I'd say that there is a problem with him allowing his family to talk about his baby like that. Second thing, if they don't want much to do with her, then that's their loss. It will bite them in the future when they attempt to have a relationship with them and she is not interested.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You cant force someone to like you, or to want to get to know your child! Unfortunately thats life...But if they made comments like that about my child they wouldnt have her outside of my supervision PERIOD! I wouldnt be upset that they arent doing for your child....once she gets older and theyve been consistantly inactive in her life she wont even be affected by it, she wont be looking for their attention anyway! Mom and Dad is really all she needs..and she has Your mom for a grandma it seems...I would definitely talk to hubby about his families behavior as far as his family was concerened if they treat your child poorly when they come to visit!!! Other than that..ride it out......she doesnt NEED them!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My daughters father family does more for her than her own damn dad. My family doesnt do much either. They send cards on her birthday and gets her stuff when we are home but I dont expect much. Thats your child so dont worry about what they dont do and wont do. You do it. Thats their lost not yours. I tell my daughters dad all the time that when she grows up and want nothing to do with you its your own fault.
    And as far as talking about your child. I would have been all over their asses. I dont play that shit. You can say what you want about me but dont say a damn thing about my baby
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I can't even understand half of your post because of the lack of proper English.

But from what I did understand...you can't force someone to love your daughter. They don't sound very classy to me.

My FIL and his wife are this way with out children. We just ignore them.
    Anonymous

• 7:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I can't even understand half of your post because of the lack of proper English.

My FIL and his wife are this way with out children. We just ignore them
    ************************
    Good advice. And I had some issues with the Lonnnnng sentences with no punctuation. I did get "my lil girl" from it but otherwise, I don't know. Wow.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Please work on how you speak and write. You appear ignorant and uneducated. This is a reflection on you as a parent. You are raising a child, don't you want her to know how to speak properly?
    Anonymous