Pregnancy Test..

I just had a baby, he is about 6 weeks old..
If I take a pregnancy test and I'm NOT pregnant.. will it show "Not Pregnant" or will it show "Pregnant" because of me just having one..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be either as there are still hormones in your system. If you think you are, I would get a blood test. If you aren't, then I'd start using protection in some form if you are interested in getting that way soon
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I use protection and we use it well.. I was just wondering.. it was kinda just out of curiosity.
    Anonymous

• its going to still say pregnant because of the HCG hormone is still in your system. i would advise you to use protection also! goodluck!
    demelina12

Answer by demelina12 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Hcg is always in your body, but it is produced, in large quantities, by the placenta which, lord help us, should NOT be in your body right now. It should read not pregnant because at six weeks postpartum there should not be enough left over to register a positive. if you have any doubt at all bring it up with the doctor.
    Anonymous