dizziness and pregnancy

Ok so Im reading my book "What to Expect When Your Expecting" and I have also read alot of blogs on here. I know that dizziness is normal during pregnancy but I am sooo sooo sooo very dizzy today. I have been since I woke up and I just cant shake it. I figured that if I cont. to eat throughout the day it would get better but it seems like it has only gotten worse. Any suggestions ladies???

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat something with extra iron. It's a sign that your red blood cell count is down and you're unable to get all the oxygen to your brain that you need. Iron will help that. I have days like that too, and if I have extra iron, it helps a lot.
    Anonymous

• I am actually taking an extra iron supplement because my iron is low!!! Thank you though!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The supplements are actually hard for your body to absorb, especially if you have had any sort of dairy product or other calcium containing food. So you could still be low on iron without getting it from actual food.
    Anonymous

• You may want to check your blood pressure. I know if your blood pressure is high or low you can get dizzy.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i didn't know dizziness was common. if you need iron from foods, sardines are very high in iron, if you can stomach them! raisins, red meat and leafy greens are great! be sure to stay hydrated....more than 1/2 of your weight in oz of water a day. eat at regular intervals...every 3 hours is good. get your blood pressure checked. if all of this fails you, you could see a chiropractor...a misalignment in the neck or a cervical subluxation can cause dizziness.
    congrats on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010