really important question

i just took a pregancy test from the dollar store you know the cheap ones and it clearly came out positive, do you think the ones from the dollar store are reliable? i just took one should i take another one i already made an appointment. has anyone used the cheap store brand ones and the came out positive with really dark lines and ended up not pregant?

i am really shocked right now

megan.meza

Asked by megan.meza at 6:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like your pregnant! I took several of those and they were all right ;) lol Congratulations!
    Anonymous

• I used a cheap one and was fine, but I say 2 tests are better than 1

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 6:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i used the cheap dollar tree ones they were right... they are just as reliable you just save money... just take another one and if its the same then you know for sure....
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 6:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Wowsers! I had no idea you could get a test that cheap!!! I would say they are just as reliable as the expensive ones....but hmmm if you can't afford another test, can you afford a whole baby!?!?! Hahahahah just kiddin
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Congratulations, honey.... There's only one thing that can make any pregnancy test positive (even the cheapest ones) and that is Hcg on the strip. There's only one way to get hcg in your pee, and that's by having a little bun growing in the oven! I never understand why people bother to get expensive tests.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• that's the kind i used and yes it did work.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I used that kind before, I was pregnant and it was right!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i took about 3 or 4 dollar test and they all came back that i wasnt preggo, so i went and bought EPT test and all three came back i was, but I think it had to do with the keytones in my urine werent strong enough then, so you really could be preggo!
    Anonymous

• I used nothing but Equate - the cheap Wal-Mart brand, around $2/test. Every one I took was right - if it said -, I really wasn't, if it said +, I definitely was. There's no such thing as a false positive.
    Anonymous

• thx ladies i think i am pregant i took 2 of them and they both came back positive
    megan.meza

Answer by megan.meza at 10:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2010